Monday, April 25, 2011

Barcelona Projects and Closing Words

Apologies for the lack of posts. I hope to improve on that here on out. Barcelona was a whirlwind of photography, early morning runs, lectures, gallery visits, art museums, narrow streets, metro stops, exploration and rooftop sunsets.

Our final Barcelona project for class consisted of 2 favorite photographs, one rephotography photo, one 'grid cities' photo, and one photo from our class visit to a labyrinth.



 My underlying project for the term is creating "2-ups" which are two photos placed next to each other to create one image that complements, strengthens, and gives new meaning. Here are two of my favorites, which I chose for my final project.


I pieced together a collage for my rephoto. I had an original photo from awhile back of a fountain taken from a gazebo, and I wentto the same location to essentially re-take the photo. I wanted to give it a different feel than the photos of my classmates, however, which is why I created the collage.

 Barcelona's streets, like many cities, are based on a grid structure. Our job was to represent this using photos and looking for grid representations around the city. I overlayed three photos for this one photograph, a blue tiled wall, the bottom of a fountain, and a wall with tree shadows, to give the photo a Mediterranean feel.
My final photo, in the labyrinth park, I used some fun photoshop adjustments to give it a feel from the past.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kait_randolph/

The three and a half weeks in Barcelona flew by, and I appreciated and enjoyed every single day. Here is a list of my favorite things, and reasons why I would love to go back:

10. The music
9. Siestas
8. Adorable cafes full of delicious coffee, pastries, and color
7. The hills surrounding the city
6. The old city
5. The sunset view from my residence
4. Laughter is the same in any language
3. Hot chocolate and churros
2. The many beautiful parks sprinkled throughout the city
1. Sunrise runs next to the Mediterranean Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment